What a fun #30daysofblogging tag! If there is one thing these 30 days of blogging has shown me, it’s that I don’t take enough time to stop and reflect on myself, my creative process and what makes me unique.
30 Days of Blogging Day 18
5 Random facts about me:
1. I am double jointed. This comes in particularly useful when I play piano because my double joints aid my largish hands to reach 2 keys over an octave
2. I absolutely loathe flying. When I was seventeen I was on a flight and the person next to me worked on building and troubleshooting airplanes and their idea of friendly banter was telling me about the best way to not die on a flight and the likelihood of our survival in a catastrophic crash – kinda ruined that for me!
3. When I was little, I was obsessed with everything Pocahontas. I would watch the movie multiple times a week. Had a costume and was Pocahontas for Halloween and wanted to paint with all the colors of the wind when I grew up.
4. I am a lifetime member of Girl Scouts. I started as a Brownie in first grade, because my school didn’t have Daisy’s and when I graduated high school, my troop-mate and I purchased our lifetime memberships. I then went on to work at camp and continue to volunteer on a regular basis now.
5. Lastly, if you asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up before I knew who Pocahontas was or saw the movie, I wanted to be a pirate – a nice pirate. I’m not sure if I saw Peter Pan or just instinctively knew that I wanted to be a free spirit who sailed the seas, but didn’t do anything mean to anyone.